Blepharoplasty, eyelid surgery
- Tightens drooping upper eyelid skin and reduces puffy bags below the eyes
- Blepharoplasty is a surgical procedure to improve the appearance of the eyelids
- Surgery can be performed on the upper lids, lower lids or both
- Rejuvenate the area surrounding your eyes
- Loose or sagging skin that creates folds or disturbs the natural contour of the upper eyelid, sometimes impairing vision
- Drooping lower eyelids that reveal white below the iris
- Excess skin and fine wrinkles of the lower eyelid
Blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) rejuvenates the upper and lower eyelids by removing excess fat, skin and muscle. The scar is hidden in the upper eye crease or lower subciliar crease.
Approximately one to two hours.
Usually local anesthesia and sedation. General anesthesia or intravenous sedation are used too.